What a brilliant idea. As the Gateway Pundit reported, St. Louis Mayor Tishaura Jones announced plans to introduce legislation to ban AR-15s, AK-47s and military-style weapons.
It seems a core pillar of this, and all, gun control is the pure hope that criminals will choose to follow the law. If only someone had thought of that sooner, let’s just ask them nicely to follow the law.
Jones also expressed her desire to take guns away from anyone who is convicted of a so-called “hate crime” or insurrection, whatever that means.
As Fox 2 Now reported, the legislation aims to:
- Prohibit “military-grade” weapons on city streets
- Prevent the transfer or sale of guns to minors
- Take action on military-grade guns and similar untraceable firearms
- Prepare St. Louis for the passage of Blair’s Law to ban celebratory gunfire
- Prohibit anyone convicted of insurrection or hate crimes from having guns in St. Louis
What Jones must not know, is that the civilian owned AR-15 is not “military grade” at least by the most reasonable understanding. Our military does NOT use the civilian AR-15. Though the Constitution clearly states that the right of the people to keep and bare arms “shall not be infringed” our government already stripped us of our rights to “military grade” weapons many years ago, or at least locked behind hefty fines and paperwork.
In addition, as the Gateway Pundit reported,
Last month Mayor Jones’s leaked text messages revealed the mayor was not a true believer in gun control. In one text message she told her father, “Chicago has strict gun laws as well but that doesn’t deter gun violence.”